Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Anybody have ideas on routinely cleaning their house? do you start in the living room and so forth? do you clean your bathrooms every day or once a week? Do you just follow your kids around and clean up after them? For me my oldest is 4 he shoudl be able to help out more but only so much, then I have 2 and 1 year olds. Not so much help. Do you limit your computer time? TV time? my husband is not working much right now and we keep getting hooked on TV shows, its hard to turn them off since every day is like a day off. Also I want to try and set a family day so I spend purposeful time with my kids any suggestions? It cant be too excessive but I just want them to know how much they mean to me and stop being so selfish.
BTW I love my laundry detergent, in the past I have been pretty stingey with my laudry detergent because of trying not to use it too fast. Now I am realizing that when I wait a few hours to switch from the washer to dryer that it is still smelling all fresh and before it wasnt, Im guessing that my clothes werent really coming very clean. Well they are now, I actually use 2 scoops of detergent just becuase I can this 1 1/2 gallon bucket that I made cost me around $2.00 and it works really well, I do want to try a few other recipes becuase I used bar soap this last time and it was deissolved but then lumped up again I use hot water in one cycle to make sure it rinses off. I am going to try some other soap fels naptha instead and see if it stays dissolved. Ill let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Laundry soap sounds like a great idea! When I get a washer and dryer I will have to give it a try!

    I am very strange about my cleaning habits. (Not very routine either.) But I know that I should probably start with my living room, since it shows first if someone should stop by. But I usually start with my kitchen, just because I don't like cooking when it's filthy. Then I usually wind up doing the dining room, because I want to clear the table and wipe it before I sweep, and I figure I might as well sweep it while I'm sweeping the kitchen. Then I do the living room. And finally I'll do the bathrooms. My goal is always to do the bathrooms once a week, but I don't always accomplish that. In fact I rarely do. Terrible I know. I was a lot better about it in Spokane because the dirt showed up faster. But here, it doesn't look to bad after just one week, so I guess I put it off.

    Anyway, I suppose limiting my computer time would help me a lot. I read that one lady rewards herself with computer time. So I've tried doing that too. Which seems to help a lot. (Can't get on FB until I finish my dishes. That sort of thing.) TV isn't a problem because we don't have it. But I'm sure it would be if we did, as I love the Travel Channel. And the Food channel. They're so addicting.

    And then my kids do take up a lot of time because I tend to play with them a lot. But I suppose I won't regret that.

    I usually do make Gloria help pick up all her toys, and put away her clean clothes. But she's not a whole lot of help yet either. Someday! :)

    ReplyDelete