Wednesday, August 31, 2011

homemade detergent

I made the detergent, I looked at all the recipes and discovered they were all pretty much the same =) I boiled over the bar soap and water on my stove, thankfully a flat top, and it actually cleaned it nicely, I had scrubbed it this afternoon and I couldnt get it clean. The overflow of bar soap and water, cleaned it nicely = ). Anyway I used it and so far so good, the clothes selled nice and clean. So the simple of the prices go like this. I paid $12 for all the stuff to make it, I got, borax, 4 bars of soap, a bar of Fels-Naptha and Washing Soda. I used less then a quarter of all those ingredients and made about 2 1/2 gallons. I could have bought a 4 gallon thing of detergent for $12 but chose to see about this. I know with having enough ingredients to make alot more detergent that for e I saved alot of money, and it was fun. I will mention again after I see how clean my clothes get etc

1 comment:

  1. oooh! You want to send me the recipe? This sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete